Monday, August 18, 2008

Family Hike

Last Friday I woke up to a phone call from my sister-in-law saying that everyone was going on a hike up Stewart Falls, which is above Sundance and Aspen Grove, so I quickly got ready, found a pack I could use for the baby from a neighbor and off we went. I was so not ready for what was in store... I realize that my baby is 15 months old so I certainly cannot use her as an excuse for being out of shape anymore, but then I realized that I wasn't in shape when I got pregnant either so basically I'm just lazy when it comes to exercising these days. The hike that we thought we take no more than a 2 hours, took 4 but it was fun and well worth it.

We had a really fun hike (most of the way) there were a few parts that were really hard and I thought I was going to be sore for a few days, which suprisingly I wasn't. Adora loved her ride on my back, I borrowed the cadilac of packs and she could see everything. The best part was when we finally got to the falls, she had so much fun playing in the water and splashing around. I can't tell you how cold the water was and she refused to get out. I could barely stand to be in it...her feet were like ice cubes by the time we got out. She fell asleep on the way back out.

I love this picture of Adora...she was so excited.

I also had a flash back to high school while we were there. When we came around a bend and I got my first view of the falls, I realized that I had done the hike before but had gone a on a different trail. In high school I went on a double date there with Tyler and Melanie. It brought back the greatest memories of Scott Bell. It made me laugh right out loud. I can hardly believe that was 7 years ago...time flies.


10 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Way to go Kelsie. Hiking with a 15 month old can't be easy but I am sure it was worth it. Good luck with the house. We bought two fixer upers when we were first married. It was so fun to see what you can do with a handy husband.

The Mulford Family said...

Kels!! I found you through Julie. Oh my goodness your little girl is adorable and I think she looks just like you!! She is 15 months right? My little one is 17 months and i have to hand it to ya...going hiking with her by yourself..ya not easy.

Shaun - Jillian said...

What a good mom you are Kels. It looks like Adora had a great time at the top. I love the house too. I think it has some awesome architecture outside and I am sure you guys will make it look even better. You will have to let me know if you get it. Good luck.

Becki R said...

That looks like so much fun! And Dora is a doll! I can't get enough of her hair! You are a fun mom to take her on all these fun adventures!

we share: said...

that made me laugh out load as well. do you remember when you broke up at my house at my new years party? I think of that every new years- how funny is that?

The Wangsgard's said...

I can't believe you remember that hike. I totally forgot. That was fun. We should get together and do it again. This time make Dan carry Adora. HaHa I know I would die if I had to carry either of my two kids! Way to go!

MattJulieGavin said...

alright lady, i'm heading up to UT again next wk & brittish and i are going to meet up for lunch or something and we would so LOVE to see you. so let us know if you would like to get together. if you get this after sat. i'll be on the road...#702-358-3199. call me!

Katie M. Brown said...

hey i tagged you

Alisa said...

hi!!! I don't know if you'll be seeing this, but I am going to the reunion this weekend. Are you?!

Cameron and Shannon said...

I found your blog through Becki's...yeah! I hope you are doing well. Your little girl is absolutely adorable.
Shannon