Thursday, January 22, 2009

Man that was a long post...

Alright...since it's been made known to me that everyone thinks something is wrong with me, like I died or gone into a deep depression) I will finally update the blog. I think I don't update because I feel guilty about always forgetting my camera and not having enough pictures of my little darlings (Dora, Dan, Dog). I need to be better, but really need a new camera, but that's a different post.

I haven't been updating because I have been busy dang it. I have been working on some classes to do medical transcription from home, so that takes up the majority of my time when Dora is sleeping. And lets be honest, no computer time when she's awake, unless I want the screen drawn on, printer paper all of the house, or a number of other things she does to let me know that she is not happy that she does not have my full and complete attention. I am almost done with the class though (I have been saying that for months) and then should be able to work a few nights from home to make some lavish amount of money to buy clothes, vacations, and other things that Dan gets mad at if I go over budget:) Just kidding he pretty much lets me rule the roost most of the time.....

Then for the past 3 weeks I have pretty much been on the phone non-stop talking to relator's, sellers of houses, lots and banks, and mortgage officers and home depot and you know name it, I've talked to them. Here's the saga.

We waited 4 months to find out if we could buy this: It's a short sale, therefore a killer deal..um nope, after 4 months of waiting, the bank decided to take it to auction and we lost it.


In the mean time we put an offer in on this:

Didn't get this one either..oh well. needed lots of work, but a killer deal.


Then we were under contract to buy this:

But at the last minute, we backed out...just didn't feel good about the one we actually got. It still needed to be finished inside and was just more house then we could handle.


NOW we are waiting to see if the bank and the sellers accept our offer for this:


A beautiful piece of land in little old Heber City, where we will build something like this:
I love this house and want it, Dan not so much so we'll see. But we are getting a great deal on the land (we should know in about an hour if they accepted our offer). Then we gotta get going on a house and we will start building by February!! Yeah...lots have really dropped in price up here, so has the cost of lumbar, and I am married to the greatest house builder of all times!!! So it's all shaping up to be a beautiful little house for us. Can't wait. Hopefully we stay married through the process and get exactly what we want.
Moral of this whole story, sometimes what we think we want isn't always what we need/get. But Heavenly Father knows us and he will rewards us for our patience. Amen.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

yeah! so happy to have an update of your life!! you guys sound busy!

Little Extras Shop said...

So...did you get the lot?

My Garden of Eden said...

CONGRATS!! That is exciting!