Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Better Late then Never

I have to just say a little something about the 4th of July. We had a really fun day..my parents came up to spend the day with us. We also had a BBQ planned for that afternoon with Dan's family so they just came along with us. The BBQ was really fun and we got to meet some of Kerrie's family.



OH...I don't think I have ever announced on the blog who Kerrie is.... we are so excited to be getting a new member of the Powers family. Jack (Dan's dad) is getting remarried!! They met on ldssingles.com at the end of April...they had so many things in common and new too many of the same people for this to be a coincidence. They both lost their spouses to cancer about 3 years ago and are just so happy to have found each other. And we could not be happier for them. I have never seen Jack so happy ever nor have so much ambition. He's come alive again. They are getting hitched on August 2nd in Cedar City!!!



anyway, back to the 4th. We had a great BBQ..the kids had a great time on Grandpa's four-wheelers, tramp and slides. My sister-in-law took some great pictures which I will post when I get them from her.... After the BBQ we took off with my parents to Park City to try and get some shopping at the outlets in, but by the time we got there they had already closed so we decided to go to a movie. What was I thinking taking a 14 month old to a movie...I ended up walking around a health food grocery store for 2 hours because it was the only thing opened that late. But everyone else enjoyed the show...I have now seen the previews and first 4 minutes of the movie Hancock. Then it was back to Heber just in time for fireworks. Dora loved them and just laid on mine and my moms lap staring with amazement. It was fun to see her little eyes light up and say "WOW" "oohh ahh" GREAT DAY!!



The real point to this post are these pictures...Dora was a cheerleader for the USA. She looked so cute...I can't tell you how many people stopped us and complemented on how cute she looked!! and of course as her mother, I have to agree. (for some reason I can't rotate the pictures, but you get the point)







No comments: