Thursday, May 15, 2008

Adora's big day

Today is a big day in our house. Adora is one year old. We can't believe that much time has gone by. She is such a sweet and loving little girl. While she was a surprise to us, we would never trade her for anything in the world. She is doing so many fun things now and is learning more and more every day.
Just in the past week she as learned to go down the stairs (thanks Dan for teaching her that one), get off the couch by herself and how to throw a royal fit to get what she wants. She is standing up by herself, but a little hesitant to walk, I really think by next week she'll be all over the place. She gives me the best hugs and kisses after naps and in the mornings. It's like she just wants to crawl inside of me--for about 30 seconds and then she's off exploring. She loves to throw things on the ground and say "uh oh" but the cutest part about it is she makes the funniest, most expressive face. Like she is so shocked every time. She puts her hands up in the air all the time, like when some one comes to the door or if she can hear Buddy but not see him. Every time music comes on she dances and moves her little hands up in the air (hard to believe with me as her mother). I think her favorite song right now is the theme song to "The Golden Girls" as this is what we watch first thing in the morning as she's being fed. I know that it's about time to stop nursing her, but I can't bring myself to do it. I have loved that bond with her, but I know it'll be a good thing. I keep hoping she'll ween herself and then I won't have to do it but we'll see.
Dorie has four teeth and two more coming. They are so darling. She has the most mischievous looks and she is so curious about everything. She loves to be read to and look at pictures. Her favorite book right now is my scout book for some reason, she'd sleep with it if I let her. Well as a bragging mother, I could go on for pages but I won't. I can't believe how my life has changed in the last year..Dora I love you forever.

P.S. my cousin took these pictures...aren't they to die for

10 comments:

Lisa Kearl said...

Wow, time sure does fly, I can't believe Adora is already one. Her eye's are so beautiful! We need to hang out again soon.

Kristy said...

Oh my. Those blue eyes. She is so stinkin' cute!

Shaun - Jillian said...

She is so dang cute! I love her blue eyes with her bright red hair!! I can't believe that she is already one! What a darling little girl you have!! I love Kelli's pictures too!

Taylor Family said...

Happy Birthday Adora. She is so cute. We were hoping to get together for a playdate some time soon. I will let you know. I am so sorry to hear about Marshal. I know you were really good friends with him.

Katie said...

What a cute, cute girl!! I still just can't believe how red her hair is! I love it! Happy Birthday little Adora!

Kacie said...

I am so lucky to have such an adorable niece. She is so much fun and sweet!

Hermana Baker en San Diego said...

What a cute baby you guys have! She has such cute eyes!

bri said...

That last comment was from me, sorry I posted it under my sister in laws.. whoops!

Alisa said...

Hi kelsi! It's Alisa (christensen) Harrison! How are you?! I'm so happy I came across your blog!! The other day I was just wondering if you had a blog. Keep in touch through mine too.... www.alisac.blogspot.com Hope you guys are doing well! your little girl is adorable!!

Katie M. Brown said...

hey just so you know, i sent one to you and dan...you obviously didn't get it. we had that a lot with family that is out in utah. anywho....i miss you...i will call soon so we can catch up.