Thursday, May 15, 2008

farewell...



I found out a few weeks ago that one of my dearest childhood friends had taken his own life. I have thought about him constantly for the past few weeks and just wanted to say a few words about him. Marshall was a beautiful person with so much to offer life. He was so smart and such a good friend. He was called to bare more trials in his life than almost anyone I have ever met. Watching Marshall deal with these things forever changed my life. I think my ability for compassion and to truly love others came from him. I don't think I am a judgemental person, you can come as you are when you're with me. I learned this from him...he was always different then everyone else. I remember getting in fights in Jr. High defending him from those who didn't understand. I could say so much about him, but most importantly just that I love him.

In thinking about his death I feel peace. I know he is in a better place, with a much better perspective on his life and his relationship with the Savior. I know he can now know how much he was loved in this life. I know that his soul is precious in the sight of our Heavenly Father and that he was received with open arms. I wish him well in his spirits journey and pray that he will find the understanding he searched for in this life but could not find.

I love you Marshall and will never forget you.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

That is really sad news. You were always a good friend to Marshall. It is so hard when someone has trouble seeing in themselves what others see. I never knew him very well but I am sad for his loss. Sending a big hug to you because I know you really valued his friendship.

Dave Kimball said...

Hey Kels. I heard about Marshall a while ago, but I just read what you wrote. He was a great kid. I have a lot of memories from hanging out at his house that I know I'll never forget. It was good to get your note too. I'm glad to hear life has been treating you well. Have fun in Mexico.